Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Asian Invasion Pt 1 London.

Sorry for the late post everyone!!

London was really hectic and now that Im in Sweden,I've finally got abit of time on my own. Just hanging at Yukay's place writing this blog.



I almost forgot how many people I actually know who have moved to London!?!? I still didn't manage to catch up with most of them!!! Coz my schedule was pretty packed in already. Sorry guys!!

Anyways,arrived in London and straight into London and took the underground to Victoria Station where our friend was staying. After dumping the bags it was straight to Marks & Spencers for some good old Crumpets!!! Not sure if we can get them in Singapore but Crumpets and Butter ROCK!! (Note: Do Not Eat If Trying To Lose Weight!!!)


Mmhhmmmm crumpets with butter!!

So with Crumpets began the week of unhealthy eating,lotsa sight seeing and catching up with people over lunches and dinners and lunches and dinners!!! Even though I eat LOADSSSS, there's only so much food my tummy can take before I start putting on weight and I turn into the size of a house!! But here is a compilation of some the yummy stuff that I managed to squeeze into my belly anyways!! (Not all at one sitting!!!)

(Left to Right) Jacket Potatoes with Chilli Con Carne,Jamaincan Jerk Chicken at Camden Market,Afternoon Tea at the very POSH Fortnum & Mason.

Even tho I was busy trying to catch up with people and busy stuffing my face I managed to do some sightseeing and to test out my new Nikon camera!! =) Last time I was in London was 7 years ago so I wanted to check out the sights again to refresh my memory,so first up was Buckingham Palace coz I was only around the corner from it,I was lucky enough to catch the Changing Of Guards Ceremony. Boy was it busy!!




After that walked down all and caught Big Ben and managed to go down the river on a river cruise sorta thing to London Bridge. The Architechture of all these old buildings and everything is just sooo beautiful it's pretty amazing when you think that most of these places were probably built with not alot of modern technology. I gotta say it's bloody impressive!!



London is a really cool city. I do like it but at times I think the prices for alot of stuff can get really ridiculous. We were on the bus which was unfortunately out of our ZONE and we had to pay cash and it was literally like 4 stops and it cost us £2!!! Thats SGD$6!!! And we had to take a cab one night coz we were out late at bars catching up with friends and it cost us £20!!! Yikkkeeess!!!

Well the main reason I was in London was actually for Becky's brothers wedding and it took place in at an old Scottish sorta club. It was a beautiful day which made the event even better...as many of you would know a Beautiful day is a very RARE thing in London!!! Bride and Groom both looked Stunnning!!!! I like going to weddings,it makes you think about who would you ask to be your "Best Man" and what would you say in your speech....it was pretty touching as it was very nice to hear of friends speak so well of each other coz they've been through thick and thin together and for a son to talk about his family and his new family to be openly to all his loved ones. Trust me it's not an easy task...!!


There were quite a number of things that happened while I was there too. We hit the Pubs to catch Man Utd playT Chelsea in the UEFA Cup final and Man Utd won on Penalties. I was neutral so wasn't really bothered by who won. Also Ricky "The Hitman" Hatton fought Juan Lazcano in his hometown in Manchester and winning him on points for the IBO Light Welterweight Title. I had friends who went to the fights and said it was an amazing event. So the city of Manchester was in party mode!!

Anyways there are hundred of pictures that I took and I think if I tried to add them all and write about them,I'm gonna be here all week trying to blog!! I'll try to blog abit more about London and some other friends that I caught up with and also an interview I did with mymuaythai.com and also abit on KO Gym home to David Pacquette.

Weather is beautiful in Stockholm so Im gonna go out and make the most of it!!

LaterZ


No comments: