Monday, December 31, 2007

Goodbye 2007!!

So what a mad weekend its been!! Felix Da Housecat destroyed the dancefloors here with some amazing Tech house,electro,techno and even some good old acid house!! Wish I had the set he played or even better some of the tracks he played!! What an awesome way to end 2007!!!

2007 has come and gone sooooo fast. And it's been one hell of a ride!!! Im gonna do a quick summary of my fights and what made an impact to me this year.

12th Feb
Decided that losing in Bkk during the Kings Bday was a crap way to end 2006. Got off my ass and back to the drawing board on my performance. I got my promoters to get me a fight down in Phuket. I was to fight a Thai. All I can say was that the fight went well and Zach was Back!!




31st March - Muay Thai Explosion,Jurong East Sports Hall,Singapore


Another fight back in Singapore. Was at the Muay Thai Explosion at Jurong Sports Hall. This was the first time I decided that I will wear the arab headress like most muslim fighters in Thailand do when they enter the ring. This fight definitely wasn't one of my best performances. I'd been so busy helping organize the fights and co-ordinating things for the event. I had been there all afternoon cornering for the boys and can you believe it arranging chairs and checking tickets even!!...and when my fight came on at 10 or 11 at night I was just happy to get it over and done with. Was too stressed out and wasn't all there in my fight. Was not happy at all even tho I won my fight. After this fight I realized that Im not gonna bother helping the promoters out as it should be their job not mine!! And if they can't do it right then they definitely shouldn't be in the business!!!




26th June - Muay Thai Against Drugs,Batam,Indonesia.



This was my first fight back after almost a 3 month break!! As I had a pretty bad back injury I got from my fight in March that took me forever to get rid of it. Was the most painful and weirdest pain I ever had. I woke up every morning feeling so sick from the pain almost vomitting even...Went to Drs,massages,physio all sorts and I couldn't shake it off. So two and a half weeks before the event they called me up and so began the crash diet to make 71kg!!! Got abit tired and also didnt feel as sharp in the ring,took a few stupid punches and kicks that I shouldn't have. The indo guy was a pretty tough cookie too!! I landed some serious amounts of step up knees and straight knees into his mid section,landed two elbows on him and didn't cut him!!...Then caught him with a few hard leg kicks and even two head kicks and he just shaked it off!!!! I was like!! "FUCK!!" Eveventually fight went the distance. Was a good fight for me to get back into things.




28th July - Fist Of Fury,Fort Canning Singapore.

During the preparation and all the training for this fight I had been told that I was gonna be given a shot at being on The Contender Asia. Initially at the first Press Conf,I was gonna be only helping out and doing some stuff for them. But then they said we're gonna give you a shot... I was absolutely shocked. I mean...!!? WOAH!! Crazzzy!! I was hesitant at first,but I later had a chat to my promoters and my friends and they said I'd be crazy to give it a miss!!! For my entry to the show I was to fight Kuy Donald....Pinky. Yes PINKY!! He's just pink...pink nails...pink toe nails...his boxers when we were at the weigh in was pink!! Hence the name PINKY! I seriously did feel alot of pressure for this fight being that I reallly wanted to be on the show and I knew this was my chance. I trained hard for this fight psyched myself up well and felt good going in. And all the work and effort paid off. I stopped Pinky in the first he had hurt his shoulder and couldn't continue. The Executive producer made a speech and congratulated me as I was now one of the 16 Finalist in The Contender Asia!!


August - TOKYO,JAPAN!!!

After the fight in July I thought it was time for a well deserved break before I put myself thru hell and back in training for The Contender Asia. Becky had a business trip up to JAPAN and so I thought Im defininetly gonna tag along!! Japan has always been one of the places in the world that I have ALWAYS wanted to visit. Japan is just AMAZING.....Food...People...Culture....Fashion!!!....and Jap Girls!! Raaaaaarrrrr!!!! haha

Sept - Oct

The Contender Asia. Can't really tell you guys much due to the secrecy contracts we've signed. But I just have one thing to say....It was an amazing experience. Being on a reality Tv Show and doing what I do best and also the oppurtunity to having meet some of the top fighters Like JWP, Yodasaenklai, Preacher and my man Soren was just really amazing. Also some of the other fighters like Sean,Pitu,Yukay and Dzhabar have become so much more than just friends to me. I've met some of the guys before at fights in Thailand and Australia but never really got to know them...but living and training and hanging out with them was just a laugh. Its another side of the fighters that many people don't get to see. Talking about fighting,training,pre-fight jitters what we like,don't like...what we do before fights... I realized that alot of us are very similar in characteristics. We all keep in touch and we all are stil as close as ever. The motto for the show is "RESPECT ALL,FEAR NONE" and I don't think you could find better words to describe what the show,the sport and what the fighters are all about.


Right with that note Im hurrying off to a New Years Eve party down at the Hyatt Hotel. It's called "HOGMANAY". It's a scottish New Years Eve party?!?!... No I'm not wearing a kilt!! And I seriously doubt any music with BAGPIPES will be anywhere close to Felix Da Housecat!!! Oh well something VERY different!!!

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo this is it. Goodbye 2007!! It has been an amazing year for me and I think it this year is definetly the BEST year in my career as a fighter. Thank you to everyone who have been helping me and being so supportive to me. Not sure what 2008 holds for me..... but I say........"BRING IT ON BITCH!!"

LaterZ

No comments: